Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Miracles & Baptisms

Hello Family!
Sounds like some exciting things have happend. Bryce asked McKenzie to homecoming!! Yay!! It's about time... just kidding. But seriously. When is homecoming? I want to see pictures!!

Kyla is the back up pianist? Good work sis! You are so talented, keep working on those talents. Practice every day, and enjoy it! I regret not putting my all into the piano. It's a beautiful instrument, and super useful. And fun! :)

Jayson, driving will get better, I promise. It's hard, but you'll get it soon. Also, Mr. MacDonald and Mr. Bills are the greatest. So is Bro. Gividen. I'm sad he doesn't remember me though. Que triste. But I hope you LOVE high school. You're at the best high school ever, basically. And you are carrying on the Bingham Choir Dynasty. :) I love that he said that. Makes me laugh.

Dad, I am jealous of your meat. That sounds super good. Also, I've been craving your fried rice this week, so if you want to make some and send it over, that would be appreciated. Just kidding. Please don't send that through the mail. Gross. :P

Mom, sounds like you've been pretty busy with canning and stuff. Fun! Also it's super true, the Lord blesses us even when we're lame and disobedient. Because he loves us and is a God of Mercy. I'm so grateful for that. 

So basically I have a super awesome story to tell you this week. About my BAPTISMS!! So this week was crazy... like, super crazy. We hardly had time to eat. That's how busy it was. Wanna know why it was so busy? Because we had two baptisms scheduled, and also our zone had a goal of getting 21 new dates for this transfer. Which is basically insane. But it was to help us reach our goal of 21 baptisms. We really like the number 21 here. So we were busting our butts all week, meeting with Victor and Isac every day trying to make sure they were ready for baptism, and also getting their baptism ready (making a program and finding talks and prayers), and trying to get 5 new investigators and at least 3 dates for our companionship. So we had a slammed week. I don't think I've ever been more exhausted in my life, like seriously. But it's the best feeling. Going home every night and dying on your pillow, hardly even being able to stay awake for planning. I love it!

Okay here's the crazy part. So we had been meeting with Victor every day right? Well Thursday he doesn't show up, and doesn't answer his phone either. We called him like 5 times and nothing. And he ALWAYS comes... early even. So we dismiss it, thinking he must have got stuck at his doctor's appointment (he has epilepsy) and we'd see him Friday.  But Friday morning we got worried. So we called him. Twice. And he didn't answer. So we decided to look for him. We called the elders (they taught him twice before passing him to us) and told them to go look in the park where they found him, meanwhile we would go to his house and the hospital. So we go to his house, he's not there. We went to the hospital and looked everywhere! Not there. We went to a different park, not there. The Elders were biking and got a flat, so we went to one of Victor's friend's houses... not there. Then we get a text. They made it to the park, and he was THERE!! so we go over there, and Victor tells us he feels super pressured, didn't like meeting every day, and knew he would drink coffee after baptism and so he didn't want to get baptized because he couldn't be perfect. So Elder Alvarez (our DL) talked to him for like 2 hours and gave him the interview. He talked to him a lot about how we don't need to be perfect, no one is. Baptism is just the first step in following Christ. But Victor still said he didn't want to be baptized Saturday, but he would still come to the Oakland temple visitors center with us Sat. morning. Also, E. Alvarez challenged him to pray about it. So E. Alvarez calls him later that night, and asked him how he felt. Victor said he wasn't going to the temple, but he would see us at his baptism. So we're super confused. So all four of us fasted all day Saturday, and Victor comes to the baptism at 6 for Teresa (the other sister's bap). He tells us he wants to talk with the bishop. So he talks to the bishop, and then we all talk and Bishop tells us he's not ready, he feels pressured, and Hna. Kofford and I are bawling, because we felt if he didn't get baptized Saturday, he would loose his chance. Also, we felt like crappy missionaries because we made him feel pressured. But Victor still said no. So he went down and sat in the other baptism, while we talked to the bishop. He told us we were doing great, and not to worry, things would work out. So we felt a little better, but still super sad. So we go make copies of a program just for Isac, when in walk two of our ward members Mariela (bishop's daughter) who is 19 and Sandy, who is 18. They told us Victor was putting on a jumpsuit. WHAT? So it turns out they talked to him, and shared their testimonies and he changed his mind! So, Victor and Isac got baptized. It was a MIRACLE! I know fasting works... if we hadn't been fasting I don't think he would've gotten baptized that night. Maybe ever. But fasting and prayer works, and I know the Lord has his ways. He knows his children way better than we ever could. So when things get tough, just remember to trust in the Lord, and everything will work out. Maybe not alwasy in the way we were planning, but they will work. I love this gospel, I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to teach others about his gospel. Heavenly Father loves all His children so much, more than we can imagine. And it's hard to remember that sometimes. But when we turn to Him in prayer, and bring ourselves closer to Him, we will feel his love, and his protection all around us.

I love you guys. I hope you have a fantastic week.
Love,

Hermana Bingham

Jason (their car) after he died
Hna. Kofford and I with an awesome view
At the beach!
Temple with Isac (baptism), and is older sister Jackie (less active member)
BAPTISM!!! Elder Alvarez, Victor, Hna. Kofford and I,  and Isac
I found Austin at the store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment