Monday, September 30, 2013

Sickness and Meeting Goals

Dearest family,

First off, Richard and Zac know Sister Barker? Well, she's moving back to Provo (she had to go home because she was super sick. it was sad), so maybe they can be friends with her! That would be pretty cool. Small world. Especially when you're at BYU. So I would see if she knows Richard, but she's back at home. So maybe I'll just see if she recognizes the name. :) Cool beans.

Bryce, you looked beautiful at homecoming. Okay, you looked handsome, and you are one lucky guy. MaKenzie looked BEAUTIFUL! I hope you realize how lucky you are. Also, she's a pretty lucky girl. I mean, she got to go to homecoming with my brother! Also, the Fohawk is nice. Different, and I little weird to see you with, but I like it!

So not alot happened this week. It was a weird week, but just not a whole lot happened. But I'm still gonna tell you all a story. So this story starts last Sunday night, when our zone leaders announced that we were going to double our 21 goals. So that means last week we had to get 10 new investies, 10 bap invites, fast twice, read the Book of Mormon for 42 minutes every day, and get 42 contacts every day. It was CRAZY! So then Monday we had pday, got all our contacts, and didn't have time to do much else due to a dinner appointment. Then Tuesday we had all day, and we got a couple new investigators. So we're at 2 for the week. Good start right? Well Tuesday night Hna. Kofford starts feeling super sick, and when we wake up Wednesday morning she looks like death. She said she felt like crap, and fevery and nautious, but when I asked her if she wanted to stay home for a little bit, she said that we didn't have time, and she wanted to go to work, so off we went. Well at around 1 that day we were at the mission office to meat one of our recent converts for a lesson. He ended up not showing, but while we were there, Kofford died on the bathroom floor. She threw up. The poor girl. So I took her home, and she was SO sick, so we didn't get much done that day. Later Hnas. Packer (Koffs old comp), Hall (STL) and Raney (my MTC comp) came over. Hall and Packer stayed with Kofford, and Hna. Raney and I took off, together again. It was our mission to find new investigators. So that night I learned I really DO know Spanish, because we got all our contacts, plus 2 new investigators. And we met with a less active family that just moved into our ward a couple of months ago (there was definitely a can of beer on their kitchen table, and no one lives there besides this couple). So that was fun. Then I get a call on our way home from Sister Hall that says Sister Kofford is too sick to move, so Hna. Raney and I are going to do overnight exchanges. So then Thursday morning Hall and Packs bring Koffs back, and Hall takes Raney and I to the Sisters retreat (spirtually uplifting day for sisters. awesome.) and Packer stayed with Kofford. Then after the sister's retreat I sat at home with them after going out and getting 42 contacts with Hna. Raney, and then on Friday I got to go to one appointment with the sisters, and get some contacts. Basically I was at home all day: Couldn't find anyone to go out with. So it's Friday night and we still only have 4 new investies. Yeah, not good. Then on Saturday Hna. Kofford was still sick, and I couldn't find anyone to go out with for the longest time, but I finally got out for a couple hours with another sister and got one more new investigator, and then we went to the Relief Society Broadcast. Koffs was feeling a tiny bit better by that point so we took her. The broadcast was AWESOME! I loved it. I just love conference. It's the greatest. So Saturday night I'm talking to our district leader, and he informs me that he, (Elder Watanabe from Japan) and his companion Elder Yanez had gotten us 3 new investigators, and our zone leader Elder Hammond and his companion Elder Jones got us 1. Yanez speaks spanish so it made sense, but they are both english speaking companionships. So it was CRAZY! I was almost in tears because that just took away so much stress, and helped us so much. It was a miracle and a blessing. So by Sunday Koffs was better and we were able to get two more investigators. I truly saw the hand of the Lord this week in everything. Even though I only got to get out for a couple of hours every day, We were able to get all of our 21 goals. It was amazing. Also, I'm not sick. WOOHOO! Hopefully it will stay that way, I can't afford to get sick. There is no time for that.
So the RS broadcast-- can I just say amazing? I loved it! Especially President Monson's talk. I just love him. And he's right. We are NEVER left alone. Sometimes we don't recieve answers right away, but we will recieve them. Maybe not in the way we think is best, but in a way that is best for us. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much. More than we can possible imagine. It's incredible.
I love you all so much. I hope you have a wonderful week, and all is well. Love you so much!
Love,
Hermana Bingham


I made tortillas. What's up.

Our living room. Looks pretty good. Because we had just cleaned it hardcore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment