Monday, September 16, 2013

Hey Howdy Hey

Hey howdy hey everybody!
Today I am in a really good mood. Why, I have no clue. It's just a regular ol' pday with a regular ol' week ahead, but for some reason, I'm just really happy today. It could be just the fact that the sun is shining, we had waffles for breakfast, and now I'm here writing my favorite people in the world, but I have no clue. But just so you know, I'm really happy here. We went to the despedida last night (outgoing fireside) and one of the Elders in my zone that's leaving just kept talking about how happy the mission has made him, and how he never thought it would be possible to be that happy. And I agree 100000000000%. I know I've only been out here one transfer (one transfer! what?), but I have experienced so much JOY! The eternal kind. The kind that doesn't go away, because it comes from serving the Lord. And yeah, there are super hard times. But who cares, because the good times make them worth it. Like the other day, we went to visit one of our investigators and a potential that work together at this auto shop. And there was this white guy sitting there named Doug. Doug unfortuantely has some very twisted views of Mormonism and liked to argue with us. The first thing he said to us was "Where's your underwear?" Which is super inappropriate on any standing, but especially with us. He definitely liked to argue, and wouldn't let us talk, so we basically stood there listening to him bash on us and tell us we are brainwashed for a half an hour. But when we got a chance to leave we did, walked 10 feet away, and had such a great conversation with our investigator Ricardo. That's what I love about the mission. Satan can put awful people and trials in your path, but the Lord will give you something great after. And sometimes it doesn't even come immediately after. But it comes! And even when we're having a bad day, something will happen and change that completely for the better, and we'll look back at it and see it as a really good day. I love it. And when you teach someone about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the just get it, it's one of the best feelings ever. We found this 10 year old girl named Mariela on Saturday, and gave her a Book of Mormon and set up an appointment for Sunday with her. Well, we challenged her to read the introduction, and when we went on Sunday, we found out that she had not only read the introduction, she had read 1 Nephi 1-2, and half of 3. BUT, not only did she read it, but she translated it into Spanish for her mom!! (We usually teach kids in english, because they speak both but like english better). I mean, what an incredible girl! And she likes it. She has a fecha for October 12th, and when I asked her how she felt, she said she was excited. What 10 year old that's not already LDS is excited to read the Book of Mormon and get baptized? It's incredible! And we couldn't stop smiling. I am SO incredibly grateful for this opportunity I have to bring others this eternal joy and happiness that I have. The gospel of Jesus Christ brings us more joy than we can possible comprehend, and I get to share it with the people here in California. How lucky am I? I don't know. I'm just really happy right now. Really really happy. I just want you all to know that. And even if things get rough back there at home, just remember that we can find peace and happiness if we turn to our Savior. He knows our pain and griefs exactly, and He is there to pick us up when we fall down. I love you all, have a wonderful week.
Love,
Hermana Bingham


p.s. Mom, I'll pray for you with the dress thing. I'm sorry! It doesn't sound like fun at all! Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment