Tuesday, October 8, 2013

General Conference

Dear Family,

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE TOO! Man, it was so good this year! And conference as a missionary is even better! Of course my favorites were Uchtdorf's, Holland's and Monson's as well, but I also really enjoyed Elder Bednar's talk on tithing. And Elder Dube's. I don't know. It was just SO good! I can't wait for the Conference Ensign. I don't think I've ever been more excited for one. I can't wait!

Also, the other exciting thing of the week is that I got to do a session at the Oakland temple on Tuesday to prepare for General Conference. We can do a session once every six months before General Conference. So we had a member drive us up, and then we were able to do a session. THE NEW VIDEO IS SO GOOD! Wow, how incredible. I think my jaw was hanging open the whole time. :) It opened my eyes up to things I hadn't understood before, and I learned so much. Dad, you're right. Eve should get Best Actress. :) It was just so good. I loved it. I just love the temple. It was an incredible experience, and it makes me even more excited for conference next year because I'll get to go again! Also, the Oakland temple is beautiful. I loved it. Wow. Probably the highlight of my week. It really made me want to get my investigators there. It was just a reminder that the temple is where we want to be. Baptism is important and essential, but the temple is the ultimate goal. Well, the Celestial Kingdom is, but for right now, here on this earth, the temple. Does that make sense? That's where we want to see our investigators go. That's why we're here. To help them get to the temple ultimately.

I can't believe Chin is home! That is SO crazy. I feel like we just went to his farewell too. If you ever see him around, tell him hi for me. I miss that kid. He's awesome.

Thank you so much for the package. I got it last Monday, right after we emailed, so I couldn't tell you thanks last week. but I loved it! The watch is wonderful, I love the pillowcase, the mummy was so cute, and I loved the quote thingy. I opened it in the office because the senior sister in charge of the mail and stuff in the office wanted to see what it was, and she loved the quote thing so much she made a copy of it so she could send it to her grandson who's on his mission right now. And the treats were delicious. I've almost pounded everything in that box, because when there are two of you, and you go home at night and just need to snack and all you have is the goodies from mom, they get eaten fast. We enjoyed them thouroughly. We still haven't made the sugar cookies, we're waiting until closer to halloween to make them. But thank you so much! And for sending those cd's. Did you know that Maddie Wilson is singing on the EFY cd? Charlie informed me of that fact, and every time we listen to it, I'm like, "I'm friends with her older sister!!" I feel pretty cool. :)

So a highlight for conference for me was the focus on memeber missionary work. It is SO incredibly important for members everywhere to get involved. There is so much that we as missionaries just can't do. It's hard to find solid investigators, but memebers can help us by inviting their friends! I want to rechallenge you all to pray for missionary experiences. Follow the prophet's counsel, and the counsel of his apostles. All their asking is for people to pray. And if you pray with real intent, Heavenly Father will give you experiences, and lead you to helping someone come into the fold. I can testify of that. And there is no greater joy than the joy that comes from watching a dear friend or family member enter into the waters of baptism. Especially when you helped them get there.

I love you all, have a fantastic week. I hope everything is great for you all. Love you, and remember, EVERY MEMEBER A MISSIONARY! HELP THE MISSIONARIES!!!!

Love,

Hermana Bingham

 Koffs and I after we washed the Buick. Yes, we're still driving that beast. 
Only for like another week though:(
 Sister Kofford, me, Sister Jensen and Sister Spackman at the Oakland temple.

 Koffs and I with the view from the temple

Sister Kofford and I

No comments:

Post a Comment