Monday, June 2, 2014

Having a Great Time

Hello family!!

It's been a good week. Okay, it's been a GREAT week!!! But before I talk about that... 
Bryce graduated! Congrats little bro! I'm so proud. I got your grad announcement a while back, and I love it. You're so old. Weird! And Maddy sang the national anthem! I bet it was amazing. Also, tell Jordan and Jessica congrats for me, and I will for sure keep Richard in my prayers. I'll miss Rufus. :(. Also, dad I'm proud of you for running a half! That's better than I could ever do! So keep it up! And Happy Anniversary mom and dad!! I love you both!

So I do have a new companion! She is amazing! Her name is Hermana Thornton, from Spokane Washington, and she is AMAZING! Seriously though, we are having so much fun down here. She did two years at BYU before the mission, and runs track for them. She's super cool. We've been very active this week. We played soccer on the beach one morning, we ran on the beach a different morning... Super fun. But I'm really excited to work with her. Already, it's been so awesome. Our numbers this week were incredible, lessons have been short, simple and powerful, but full of the spirit, it's been awesome. 

So I want to tell you about one of our miracles of the week. Her name is Tanya Cook. So a few weeks ago, the sisters down in Greenfield met her at one of their member's houses. Tanya's brother is a member, so she had been there for the weekend. Her dad died recently, and she had been having a really hard time with it. So one day she called her brother, and said "I want to join your church!" So the sisters went over there, taught her the plan of salvation, then on another occasion the restoration, and then set a baptismal date with her for June 21st. And then found out that she actually lives up in our area. haha!! So they passed her off to us. We hadn't been able to meet with her though until this past Tuesday. So it was seriously our first appointment after transfer meeting on Tuesday. Sister Thornton and I came down, met up with one of our members, and then went and met Tanya. Seriously, like all she wants is to be baptized. She already felt it was true. She's been praying and reading the Book of Mormon, so we just challenged her to pray specifically to know if it was true. Then on Wednesday she called us and said she got her answer that it was true, but not only did she get it, she got it 3 TIMES! It was so amazing. Then on Sunday, Hayley Anderson went to pick her up for church. So she came into sacrament meeting, took the sacrament, listened to a couple testimonies, and then got up and left. We didn't know why. But we had to run out to another meeting, but when we got back she still wasn't there. It was just Hayley and her husband. So we go ask them what happened, and Hayley told us that Tanya hadn't come back so she had gone out to see what was wrong. Turns out, Tanya had been really uncomfortable in the dress she was wearing. She felt it was too low cut, and that she had been getting some looks, and it made her uncomfortable. And she is on oxygen, but left it at home so she had just kind of started having a panic attack and got really nervous and uncomfortable. So Hayley was amazing and talked her through it, but took her home at her request. But then Tanya felt so bad for leaving church. So we went back over with Hayley that evening, and we talked it out with her. She felt better, it just turns out she suffered with a lot of self-esteem issues when she was younger and they were all coming back. But it got better, we had an amazing lesson with her, and she's coming back on Sunday. She is so prepared. She just wants to be baptized! When she left church she said, "I just need to go home and pray and read the Book of Mormon. That will help me feel better!" And that's what she did. She is so incredible. I'm excited for her.

Well, I love you all. I hope you have an amazing week. 

Love,
Hermana Bingham


Hermana Thornton and I

Lynda and Ennobong-members of our ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment