Monday, June 30, 2014

Prayer and Scripture Study

Hello family!

So it has been a good week here in Seaside. I'm glad you all had fun at Lake Powell, sounds like it was a blast! Start planning next summer's trip now. I'm thinking a week long thing. Just so you know. But just as long as I get to go there, I'll be happy. Also, I bet the Ashcroft reunion will be super fun. And also girls camp. Look at you all, planning tons and tons of trips and camp outs and stuff. Sounds like it will be a busy summer! And indexing! Wow! Keep up the good work. That BBQ sounds nice. And super fun. Buying food with names. Good work bishop! Also, sad that Afton Chambers had to come home. I'll keep her in my prayers. Hopefully she can get better and go back out. Speaking of coming home, Myley goes home July 29th. She is headed home a bit early, and she said it's a long story so she'll tell me later, but if you could just keep her in your prayers. She loves her mission, and I can tell she's really sad to be going home, but she knows that it's the right thing to do. So just pray for her. And then take care of her for me when she gets back. :) 

It's been a pretty good week. I got to go on a couple exchanges. The first one was with the Marina sisters, so I got to go work in Marina for a day with Sister Ikegami. She is my favorite. I love her so much. She's trying to transfer over to BYU right now, so you'll probably meet her next winter. She goes home in November, and we're talking about rooming together. We'll see what happens. But it was really fun. She is a really hard working missionary, and we are super good friends. I also got to go on exchanges with Sister Bassett this week, one of the Santa Cruz sisters. We came down here and worked, and she's super awesome as well. I feel so blessed. I get to work with all these incredible sisters. Seriously. We cover the sisters in our zone and in the Santa Cruz zone, and all of the sisters are INCREDIBLE! They are amazing! I just can't believe the caliber of sisters we have in this mission. Seriously, it's zion down here. 

In other news, President and Sister Watkins have officially gone home, and we have been graced with the presence of President and Sister Mella. They sound great. I haven't met them yet, but we'll be headed up to San Jose tomorrow morning for a meet and greet, so I'll get to meet them. I'll let you know how it goes! I'm sure they are great.I'm super excited to work with them! Hopefully I'll get to be an STL for a while so that I can work more closely with them. And I should be getting transferred next week, but I'll let you know for sure on Monday. We'll find out soon!

This week has been interesting. I'm in a great area, with a great companion, but a lot of things have been happening that try my patience. Investigators, different things my companion does, the ward on occasion... and I thought I was a pretty patient person, but I'm not at all. Sad day. This morning though I just sat there and thought about what was going through my head, and decided I was acting like a teenager... wow. Yeah, thought I got out of that phase a month ago... haha. But really, and it hit me hard how much I let little things that I can't control and that don't matter bother me. So I just prayed. And studied prayer. And wow, it's amazing what scripture study and prayer can do. I feel 100% better. I'm excited to have situations that try my patience. Not really, but more so. But when I prayed, and when I studied, I immediately felt better. And it's incredible the difference you can feel. The spirit was so much stronger, and I knew that that is what I have to focus on. Prayer, and scripture study. Those work when nothing else does. I can testify of that. So keep doing the little things. They will bless your life more than you know. I love you all. I hope you have a fantastic week. You are constantly in my prayers. Love you!

Love,
Hermana Bingham



Happy one year to me! My district got me a balloon. And a chicken. But that's a long story. :)

  I was on exchanges with sister Bassett on my one year, and we made a sign for Sister Craig, since she gets married this saturday. 

 day after.. but look what Hna. Thornton made for my one year the day before! 
I just forgot to take a pic

 She made me this little sign too. super cute!

Vicki and me. She's a less active member. I love her.
Janet, Hna. Thornton and me. Janet is another less active memeber that we've been working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment