Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Hello family!!

Sounds like everyone had a good week! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for all the birthday wishes. I loved the package. It was awesome. I wore my dress yesterday, wearing my shirt today (and will wear the llama shirt later) and I'll probably make my cake sometime today. We didn't have time yesterday, we were gone ALL day. We had ward council at 8, were at church until 2, then Raelma (one of our investigators) got us pupusas for my birthday, we had one lesson, and then went and grabbed dinner from our bishops family before we had to head up to San Jose for Hermana Bench's outgoing fireside. They were so cute. They made us dinner and made me a cake. They sang to me and I blew out the candles. It was so sweet. Then we had to run. 

So every six weeks, the missionaries that are going home speak at a fireside in San Jose. They share their testimonies, there are some musical numbers, and people from all over the mission come to see it. Also some recent converts speak. It's really awesome. And last night President and Sister Watkins spoke as well because it is their last outgoing before they leave in June. We will miss them so much. So it was kind of a crazy birthday, but it was fun. I got to see lots of people from the Yerba Buena ward, and it was really good. But it was overall a good day. We might do something today to party, but there is a lot of stuff we have to get done for Hermana Bench before she leaves tomorrow.

So tomorrow is transfer meeting. I will be getting a new companion and I'm super excited. President said he's sending me someone good because I only have six weeks left here. Also, this transfer I've been assigned to be and STL (Sister Training Leader). Which basically means that I get to go on exchanges with the sisters in my area, and help them, make sure they are doing okay, all that good stuff. I'm super excited to be able to learn from all of them. It will be an awesome experience. 

This week was kind of crazy. Because of my new assignment we had a meeting up in San Jose on Friday. But we found out Thursday night at 10:35 we had to be up there Friday morning. So that was crazy. We had to cancel all our appointments. It was super sad. But other than that it's been good. Since it's Hermana Bench's last week, everyone has been feeding us. Lunch and dinner. So we've been set!
I learned a lot in my meeting. We talked a lot about serving up. I'm so excited to be able to serve other sisters in this mission. It will be awesome. I get to help so many people. I'm nervous, and feeling a little inadequate, but I'm super excited to learn from all the other sisters here. 

I love you all. Sorry this email is kind of super lame. Hopefully I'll have more time to write next week! I love you!

Love,

Hermana Bingham


 Lopez family and us

A member took us to Bubba Gump's for my birthday. They sang to me

Maschger family. They are like, our favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment