Monday, June 9, 2014

Sacrament Meeting Attendance

Heyo family!

Sounds like it has been an awesome week! Scout camp (which I still want to hear about), gymnastics, cat allergies (What?!?!), new board games, quite the adventure! Also, I am super excited to play that new board game. Sounds like fun! Charlie and I are totally down, well, I'll just volunteer him. haha :) Also, sounds like Brother Steadman leading the music was quite the hit. :) Wish I could've seen that! So Rhett is back huh? Very cool. It's crazy how fast time flies. I mean, I will hit my year mark here in a couple weeks. So that's pretty nuts. I feel like I was just in the MTC. And I've been here for a year, I'm about to move into my last area here in a few weeks, we're getting a new mission president here in a couple weeks... Life is just insane. And flying by. I remember sitting there at the beginning of my mission, feeling like 18 months is FOREVER!! But it's the fastest thing I've ever done. Sad day. Also, mom was right. The church is sending end of december missionaries home early. I will be coming home the week before Christmas. At least according to what Sister Thornton told me! But we shall see, we shall see!

So this week was awesome! Full of miracles! We had a couple of zone training meetings that we had to go to, but they both went really well! I also did my first exchanges as an STL and it was super fun. But probably the best part of the whole week was yesterday! So we were sitting in sacrament meeting at nine in the Fort Ord ward, and no one came. It was super depressing. But then we headed over to Seaside ward sacrament meeting, and in walks our new investigator Ana (member referral, SCORE!), with her daughter that we had never met, and then Aldo came (another investigator), and then Pablo and Lidia came (Pablo and Lidia are recent converts, but Lidia hasnt' been able to come since her baptism because of work), and then in walked Tiffany! She is a less active member that hasn't been to church the whole time I've been here. She's really bitter and angry at God, she's not in full fellowship of the church, but she is the sweetest. I love her. And she came!!! I seriously just sat there during the sacrament and cried. I was so happy. It amazes me how much joy comes from people coming to church. Like really, that probably makes me more happy than anything at this point. When people are able to come and renew their covenants and feel of the powerful spirit that is in those meetings. It was awesome. Then Ana and her daughter had to leave before sunday school, but Aldo came, and so did the stake president, and the 2nd councilor in our bishopric, and Pablo and Lidia. Basically, it was the best lesson on faith you could ever have in a gospel principles class. It was awesome. Miracles! And then we made all of our goals for the week, so we rewarded ourselves by going to the ARP (addiction recovery program) meeting. Seriously, those things are the best. The spirit in those meetings is so strong, as these people try to overcome their weaknesses. Wow. They are just incredible. I don't even know how to describe them. But I do know that that spirit comes through the atonement of Jesus Christ. The atonement is so real, and I am so grateful for it. It's so amazing to me how much the atonement covers. It covers EVERYTHING! If we put our trust in Christ, and use His atonement, we can overpower any weakness, any trial, any sin, any sadness, or pain, or sorrow... And it's all because of Him. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I know that through Him, we can become perfect, even as He is. 

I love you all, and hope you have a fantastic week. You are all AMAZING!

Love,

Hermana Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment