Monday, April 28, 2014

Winging It

Hello family!

First off, I don't have any clue on the skyping thing. Hopefully we'll get it figured out this week. Also, tell Julia congrats for me! That's so exciting! And crazy!  Tell Janet hi, and that I'm excited to work for her again. :) Also, Bryce looked so handsome at prom! That's awesome. Rocking the light gray tux. Nice. Also, you look like a little hipster! You're growing up!! Also, that was a beautiful picture of Kyla. You're getting so so big! The spring break pic looked fun too! And dad, I loved that picture. Man, I'm glad I can spell daughter better now. :) But that's pretty cute. I'm going to see if I can print it out. It can go on my wall. :) Sounds like the new carpet is a hit! Does the house look completely different now? Will I recognize it? Jokes, I'm sure I will. :)

So this week was pretty good! I got to speak in sacrament meeting yesterday. That was fun. I was so nervous. I had written a whole talk, and then Saturday morning decided that I didn't want to do that, took some basic ideas from it, and then just kind of winged it. Not really, I was prepared, but I had nothing written. But good news, I didn't pass out!! :) So that was fun. I felt like it went pretty well. It was on love and missionary work, using President Monson's talk from this last conference called "Love- The Essence of the Gospel." I had a member ask me for a copy of my talk when I was done. Problem is that I didn't actually write it. So I told her I would try to write it out for her. Wish me luck. But I learned a lot this week. People always say that the best way to teach is by example. But I really learned that this week. As we go about serving and loving others, our light shines, and they can see that there is something different about us. By loving others, we are naturally sharing our testimonies in a way. We are "[letting our] light so shine before men, that they may see [our] good works, and glorify their father, which is in heaven." And that my dear friends, is missionary work. Just sharing our love with others. Also Dad, I do love getting your talks. They are awesome. I've only gotten one though... it was the one about conference.

We saw some awesome miracles this week. Cheryl, one of our investigators, is preparing to be baptized on May 17th. So we've almost taught her everything, but we haven't taught the law of chastity yet, or tithing. But at church yesterday, we happened to look over as she was handing the bishop a tithing envelope! So we asked the bishop if she just paid tithing, and he said, "I guess so!" Later her roommate that is a member told us that she had paid. Which is awesome, because we haven't even taught it to her yet!! She is so cool! We're super excited for her. 

We also found 9 new investigators this week! What a miracle! One named Enner Garcia wants to be baptized, and he accepted a date for May 25th (yay!) But the problem is he only gets a day off of work every 2 weeks. So he can only come to church every other week. So we have to pick a different date. He's really cool though. 

So Bryce's papers are SUBMITTED!!! YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY! A week from Thursday huh? Does that mean in time for Mother's day? Or is that like a week before? I don't know, I can't keep track. :) I'm excited. I honestly have no clue where he'll go. Let's see... state side: CA, but speaking Spanish. Like me. :) Or maybe New York. I could see him there. But for foreign, I would have to guess England. Or Ireland. I just feel like he would do well over there. But to be safe, I'll just guess Europe. Too general? :) 

Well, I love you all. I hope you have an fantastic week. Challenge for everyone: open preach my gospel, turn to chapter 6, and take the Christlike attributes quiz at the end. Then pick on to work on and focus your studies on this week. It's super humbling, but super fun. It makes for some good studies too. We challenged a member to do it last night, and I thought it would be fun for ya'll as well. Love you! Have an awesome week!

Love,

Hermana Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment