Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter

Hey everybody!

Happy Easter! What an amazing day it was yesterday! We loved it. What an amazing time of year, to celebrate our Savior's triumph over death. Dad, I have seen the Because of Him video. It is fantastic. We've been showing it to people all week. Hermana Bench and I have been showing it to all our members, less actives, EVERYONE! And we've been inviting lots of people to check it out too. I love the way the church put that together. And how popular it's been. Someone told me that it's all over youtube. That's awesome! So many people remembering the miracle of this easter season. 

Thanks so much for the package. It was awesome. Thanks for the sockies too. They were needed. :) And your eggs turned out quite nicely! I've been telling people about them, last night a member told me she was going to try them next year. Spreading the best tradition ever! Woohoo! 

Bryce! Your papers are almost done>?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm so excited for you! Your mission mug shot looks good. When did you grow up? But really, I'm so excited for you. How are you feeling? Excited? Nervous? Where do you think you'll go? any hopes, dreams? Guesses? Too scared to say? But really, tell me everything! I hope you get to open it over skype with me. But if you don't, just send me a video. I"ll probably cry while I watch it. I'll be so happy. I'm super excited for you Bryce! 

And Jayson, you got your license! That's so exciting! Don't do anything too crazy with it! 

Kyla, flash mob? What the heck? Why didn't you tell us?!?! Somehow I just can't picture that. Weird. But awesome. Good work kid. Good work. 

So it has been a good week. I sent Sister Craig home, Hermana Spackman got transfered, so now it's just Hermana Bench and I again. So we're basically combining two areas, so we have SO much work to do. It's awesome. We have 4 baptismal dates for May 17th. One we just met and found this week. His name is Jose Ramirez. He is a referral from a less active member, So he came to church a few weeks ago, and told Bro. Contreras (another member of our ward) that he wanted to get baptized. After one time at church. But we hadn't been able to get a hold of him for like a month after that. We finally got ahold of him on Friday, and met with him on Saturday. So we show up, and basically he tells us that he wants to get baptized. So before we even taught him anything, we set a date for May 17th. Then later he told us that he felt something he had never felt before at our church. A peace and this comforting feeling that was completely new to him. He went to Mexico for a while after that (that's why we couldn't get a hold of him) and he said usually when he goes to Mexico he's all stressed, but this time he wasn't. And he said he used to drink and smoke, but he came to church, and after that hasn't even had a desire to drink or smoke. He's been clean for about a month. It's such a miracle! We told him that that was the Holy Ghost giving him those feelings and helping him with drinking and smoking, and that he could have that with him all the time after he gets baptized. He's so prepared and excited for his baptism. Only problem is that we're not sure if he and his "wife" are married. Nothing we haven't dealt with before though. :) 

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Remember that because of our Savior and His atonement and resurrection, ALL is possible. We can be a forever family, and return to our Heavenly Father one day. It's a miracle, and a blessing. I love you all. Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Hermana Bingham



  Sweet Pea circle and Buttercup Blvd. Yup. We had to take a picture


About to crack confetti eggs on our heads at the Heatons
Confetti eggs!

After the eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment