Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAYSON!!!

I know it was yesterday, but I hope you had an awesome day. Conference on your birthday?!?!?! LUCKY!!! I hope you had a wonderful day, and that being 16 is everything you thought it would be. :)
Sounds like you are all having fun in St. George this week! Have lots of fun, be safe, and do something crazy for me. :) 

I did get a surprise this week! Flowers and some cookies and a cute little card! What was Anna in Monterey for? It was super weird to think she had been to my apartment. But it was a super sweet surprise. It came right when I needed it. I had been having a kind of off day, but that made everything better. Thanks so much. And tell Anna thank you from the bottom of my heart! 

Highlights of this week: TEMPLE AND CONFERENCE! I didn't get to see the new new video, but I got to see the old new one again, and I love that one so much. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't the new new one, but I got over it after a minute. I just LOVE the temple. Seriously, the greatest place on earth. I learned so much this time around. It was awesome. And then conference. Wow. Is it just me, or does conference get better and better every time. I can't even pick a favorite talk this time. They were all SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Man. I really loved Elder Cook's talk. It was a confirmation to an answer to a prayer. A few weeks ago I had been praying about what I needed to do to continually progress, even after the mission (sometimes you just have to think about that) and I got a really strong impression that I needed to do family history work. So I took it to conference, just to get the confirmation, and BAM. The whole time I was listening I knew that that is what I need to do. I loved how he talked about how we needed to be connected to both our branches AND our roots. We have an obligation to find those people, and help them receive those saving ordinances! I loved how he said that we can hasten the work of salvation in every area that a saving ordinance is involved. Which means missionary work, and family history and temple work. It's awesome. I feel like a lot of people talked about that this conference. It was really cool. It's hard to find missionary work to do in Utah. But temple work and family history work IS missionary work! Just a different kind! It's kind of cool. :) 
I also LOVED Elder Ballard's talk. How often does a general authority follow up on previous conference talks? I don't think I've ever noticed it. I loved how he talked about how we should each have a copy of Preach My Gospel, and study them. So I want to challenge you all to do something. Make Preach My Gospel a part of your family home evening study. Each week study a chapter from PMG, or a lesson out of chapter 3. Make home a mini MTC! Preach My Gospel is not just for full time missionaries. It can bless EVERYONE, if we seek for how to apply it in our lives. So will you do it? I'm going to follow up (one of the things I need to work on... :) ). 

Oh man. All the talks were so good. The Sunday morning session was my favorite. It never ceases to fail me! I'm so excited to study the words of the prophets. To go back and read all these amazing talks! I can't wait! And, I can't wait to read the Priesthood session... woohoo!

I love you all, and I hope you have a fantastic spring break!

Love,

Hermana Bingham


I had fun with my hair last week... Before
 After

Temple!


 Sister Craig and I


 Close up
  My surprise!! After we had eaten some of the cookies!
 We decided to take a picture every day. So this was the result of yesterday


Sister Craig and I

No comments:

Post a Comment