Monday, November 4, 2013

Sunny CA

Dearest family,
hahahahahahahahaha it SNOWED?????????!?!?!? That sucks. It's still sunny, high 60's to high 70's degree weather here. LOVIN it! I'm turning into a wimp though, I freeze, and at night I sleep with sweatpants, a long sleeved shirt, a hoodie, my sheets, quilt, and another blanket, and to top it all off, I stick a rice bag in the foot of my bed... because it keeps my toes warm. Yup. That's what California does to you. Turns you into a wimp. :) But really, it doesn't feel like November. It still feels like it's September at least. But it's November, which means it's almost Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, and then I'll hit my 6 month mark and be 1/3 of the way done, and that will just be weird. Bleh. Time flies when you're having fun right? Or doing the work of the Lord. Which I think is pretty fun!

So Bryce did the Manhawk huh? Unfortunately, I was not able to see the video. Dad sent it to me, but for some reason I still can't watch it. So it looks like I will have to wait another 14 months to see my brother look like a fool. Just teasin, I'm sure it was great! I'm really really sad that I can't see it! :'(
Mom, those baby TOMS are adorable! So so so cute! When I have babies, I expect you to make me like, a gazillion pairs, okay? Good. And I totally think you should sell them on Etsy. Might as well make some money for it right? And they are SO stinkin cute! Also, how tall is Kyla? It looks like that poodle skirt fit her how it fit me, so is she just as tall as me now? Ridiculous. I will officially accept my title as the shortest person in our family. Que triste. It's not like I'm even that short! Oh well, I've come to embrace that trait of mine...

Sounds like Austin and Beccy had a good time touring the world! Man, what a trip. They will just be super famous, and we'll be the people that just sit back and are like, "Hey! I know them! Cool!" and we'll feel all special.

So as you all know, I got a new companion this week. Her name is Hermana Monical, and she is from Wisconsin. She's 22, and she's been out for almost 10 months. She's really nice and sweet. Sorry, no pictures were taken this week, but I'll try to send some next week. She's great, it's just different. I miss Koffs a lot. She's in Saratoga right now (don't ask me where that is, I don't know), so I don't get to see her very often. But Hna. Monical is great, and we're getting lots of work done, so that's good. It's weird being the only one that knows the area and having to make all the decisions, but oh well. Such is the life of a missionary right?

So exciting news of the week! We have these investigators named Stacey and Alex. My first transfer here, we had gotten Stacey as a referral and the other Yerba Buena sisters had taught her one lesson, but realized she was in our area so they gave her to us. So Kofford was sick one day so I went with Hermana Jones to go teach Stacey. We taught her about the plan of salvation. At the time, she was SUPER pregnant and she loved the principal of eternal families. She has a brother that was adopted by some members in Gilroy, and he was sealed to them and she goes to church with them all the time, and loves it. Well, Alex came home that day and we taught the two of them together, and they liked it a lot (Alex is her boyfriend). Well, because she was prego and in school, and he worked a lot, they kind of fell off the face of the earth. But we were finally able to set up an appointment with her again for this last wednesday. We taught her about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and about baptism, and set a date with her for the 16th. We went back on Saturday, and taught Alex (we basically did a big giant overview of EVERYTHING) and he also accepted a bap invite, and we set his date for the 16th too. Then we taught them the law of chastity. They are living together, and just had a baby together, so kind of a touchy subject. But it went really well because we focused on the temple and eternal families, and we set a WEDDING date with them for the 9th. This weekend! We were SO excited! They are like, Golden. beyond golden. Platinum investies. We were so happy! Well, they still want to get baptized, but they think getting married this weekend might be a little fast. We're going to go visit them again and talk it over. They probably won't get married this weekend, or baptized on the 16th, but it will happen this transfer. I can feel it! :) YAY for eternal families and covenants! PLEASE pray for them!!!
Mom, of course I will pray for you! I'm sorry you still have a cough, that is not fun! I hope it goes away soon!

I love you all, and I hope you have a fantastic week. Keep reading your scriptures and praying and trying to have missionary experiences! It will bless your life!!

Love,

Hermana Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment