Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hey Fam-damily!

Hey fam-damily!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY KYLA!! Way to not let that beam get to you! haha! I knew I had the most AMAZING hermanita in the entire world! I'm so proud!

Mom, I wear a small. And if it's not too late to put in a request, I would LOVE  primary children's songbook in spanish. if they have a little one, that would be awesome, otherwise a big one is great. I don't NEED it, but I really want to learn those songs in spanish. I play the piano in primary every week, and I hear them, but the piano kinda drowns out the little kids, so I don't get to hear the words. But the are really pretty in Spanish.

Also, I am 99.99999% positive I will get to skype you. We will go over to a members house or something and take turns skyping. So I'll probably get to talk to your faces! YAY!!! That just sounds a whole heck of a lot easier than phone calls. Although those are great too. I decided I left at the perfect time. I will get to talk to you the day before my 6 month mark, and then in May, (nice and spread out), and then my release date is Dec 24, 2014, so I'll fly in Christmas eve. Pretty cool right? Merry Christmas family! But that's still in a year, so let's not talk about that one too much right now. Time goes by WAY too fast, and I'm trying to grasp onto each precious moment. I've been out for almost 5 months. WHAT? I'm about to have my first Christmas away from home, and I feel like I left just yesterday. It's insane. I'm halfway through my 3rd in-field transfer, and I'll probably leave Yerba Buena either in a couple weeks, or next transfer. Probably next, but there's always a possiblity. And it breaks my heart. This really is the BEST area EVER, and I really do have the BEST mission EVER! I know every missionary says that, but I really do have the best one. In most missions, the motto or objective is Find, Teach, Baptize. But in the California San Jose mission, we Find, Teach, Baptize, Rescue, Serve. We get to do service all over the community for about 10 hours each week. And we work with less actives too. We don't only find new people to help bring closer to Christ, but we help the people that have ALREADY made sacred covenants with their Heavenly Father come BACK to His fold. I love it.

So some cool stories for this week. First off, we're teaching this family. La familia Hernandez. They are from Honduras, and how we found them is CRAZY. So a few months ago, we met Cinthia, the 16 year old daughter. We were talking to her and from the conversation we had, we thought she was a memeber of our church. She had just gotten here form Honduras, and she had been to our church once there, but was baptized into a different church. She was confused though. So we met her whole family. Well, now we are teaching ALL of them: Dad, Mom, Cinthia (16), Rodrigo (11), and Darling (7). They are super cool. We're hoping to set a bap date with them this week. We watched Finding Faith in Christ with them and they loved it. It was a cool experience.

We also met this girl named Aide this week. She has two daughters, one 13 and one 8, so ANOTHER FAMILY! woohoo! She was a refferal from a memeber, and she has been asking to see us for a while. She's super cool and is really excited to learn more. YAY! I'll update on her later. She's amazing. We've only met with her once, but we'll see her again this week.

We have SO much going on, it's hard to write about it all. But those are a couple of the highlights. I wish I had more time to write more about all of our investigators, but alas, I do not. :(

Yesterday we went to the beach, which is why I'm emailing today. It was fun. We walked around the warf and got tons of free clam chowder samples, and then sat on the beach. It was chilly, so we were all in sweat pants and hoodies, but it was super fun. It was nice to relax and take a break. I also met one of Craig Applegate's old mission companions who is from Monterrey (the beach where we were) and is friends with one of the elders in our mission, who used to live there too. So that was pretty cool. Small world.

Well family, I love you. You're all really great. I'm going to go write my testimony now, so you'll get that too. I love you! Have a fantastic week. Just think, in a month I'll get to talk to your faces!! YAY!

Love,

Hermana Bingham

Yerba Buena sisters and the wharf. 

 My comp and I, eating a giant ice cream.

 Hermana Monical and I, by the ocean!

 Yerba Buena sisters by the ocean

 Sister Spackman and I, shopping. :)

Sister Arias and me freezing our tails off.

No comments:

Post a Comment