Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Agency

My dearest family,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the delay in emailing. Yesterday was Veterans Day. Libraries are closed. I hate monday holidays. :) But here I am now, ready to write!

This week, well, nothing new. Stacey and Alex didn't get married, they feel like it's too soon, so we're going to go get things figured out today. Also, Alex came home totally drunk the other night so yep. That's not happening anytime soon. We weren't able to meet with Javier. Hopefully we'll be able to set up a cita for this week so we can blow his socks off with the spirit and get him dunked. Also, at church again. Michelle, our 10 year old, wasn't even at church this sunday. We had NO ONE at church. Stacey and Alex didn't go, which is SUPER WEIRD! I don't know what's going on. We're doing everything we can... sometimes it just doesn't work I suppose. There is this darn thing called agency. :)

So yesterday for pday I played soccer with my zone! It was fun! It also helped me to realize how truly out of shape I am. Usually on pdays I just play settlers of Catan with some other Elders. :) But playing soccer and being out of shape gave me a thought. I need something to work out with in the mornings. And then I remembered how much I love the insanity workouts. So it's convenient that you asked what I needed/wanted for Christmas, and I don't really need much, but if it's alright, I would like the insanity dvds. They are approved by the mission president, so it's totally okay. And I'm not sure, but they might be kind of expensive, so if that doesn't work that's okay, just some pinterest workouts porfa! And then other than that I would like my teddy bear (sometimes you need someone to cuddle with after a hard day), and a new white cap sleeve from modbod. Mine is dying... :( But that's all I am really in dire need/want of. And those aren't even totally necessary. I'm pretty much set out here. So whatever you want to do is fine with me. :) Thanks for asking!

So I will write my testimony. I'll do it today if I have time, but otherwise next week it shall be. How does my plaque look? ;)

I did not hear the news about the RS/YW broadcasts. That will be cool! I used to like the fact that it was only once a year instead of twice, but now that I'm older and wiser and enjoy conference more, I'm super excited for this! It will be great! YAY!!!

Sounds like dad HATED that movie. Poor guy. I'll watch it with you someday mom. I'm always up for a good movie! Well, right now I mostly just stick to the testaments or the Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration movie during my lunch break, or this DVD of like, over 100 mensajes mormones that this RM in my ward gave me. I use it for language study sometimes, since they are ALL in spanish. Score. :) But someday I'll watch normal movies again! So write it down, we'll watch it.

My companion is great. Unfortuantely, I am really bad at remembering to take pictures, so we took a selfie in the parking lot before we came in so that you could see her. She's an amazing teacher, and I'm going to learn a lot from her. We have our differences, yes, and sometimes it's hard, but that's okay. You live and you learn. But we're doing good. Working hard.

Can I just invite you all to PLEASE read your scriptures everyday, and pray everyday and go to church? As a missionary I have come to realize how much those little things TRULY bless our lives. And I know that before my mission, I didn't read. Honestly, I didn't pray as much as I should either. But now I have a firm testimony of doing the little things. And the frustrating thing is that people don't do it! So do it! It will bless your life more than you can imagine! Like, for reals. I can promise you that you will see blessings if you take 5 minutes to read, and some time to pray. Please do it!

I love you all, and I hope your week is wonderful. I can't wait to talk to you in just a little bit over a month! YAY! Love you!

Love,
Hermana Bingham



Hna. Monical and I in the parking lot before we emailed. Does my face look fatter?
I feel like I look different. Oh well!





No comments:

Post a Comment