Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Curly Hair

Hey family!
So first things first. The temple is beautiful! I'm so excited to see it when I get home! I love love love it! Definitely thinking that's where I'll be getting married now. It is goregeous... gorgeous... gorgous... goregus? English is hard. :( This lady in my ward Hna Plata lived in Springville for a few years so last night she told me that angel Moroni was on, because she knew I would want to know. Yay!

Sounds like fall break was a nice break and time to relax. That's always nice. Also, dad, I have heard some about the whole government thing. There is this guy in our ward that works for the government so we asked him about it, and he told us a little. Basically Sister Kofford and I decided that the Lord is putting the United States into bondage because of our wickness...So there's that. It's the whole pride cycle in the Book of Mormon thing. But then again I don't know very much about it, only that it sucks and I'm glad I'm on a mission right now so I don't have to worry about it. :)

So I have some kind of big news for y'all this week. Yesterday Sister Kofford and I decided that we were going to get perms. So we did. We went and got perms from two little Vietemese ladies and now your daughter has curly hair. Sending some pics soon. I was super nervous and thought I was crazy, but so far I like it. It's a lot easier to do. I can just put some Mousse in it and let it dry. Woohoo! So that's my exciting news of the week. Other than that this week was disappointment after disappointment. All 3 of our bap dates fell through, even our 9 almost 10 year old girl who's parents are members. And semi-active. They just come up with excuse after excuse and none of it makes any sense. 12 year old Geisy's (Jesse, just spelled completely weird) mom said no (even though he doesn't live with her and he's been coming to church for years), and Maria Cristina (our old lady from Nicaragua that is golden) has gone missing. We don't know where she went. Also Gilberta, our little 10 year old girl that was so excited to get baptized and had a date, and her mom LOVED us went to Mexico a few weeks ago so she didn't come to church. She's been back for a weekish and we havent' been able to find her so finally on Sunday we went by her house again, and her father yelled at us and told us to never come back. He was super rude about it. He was like, "If your catholic come in, but if not go away and never come back! My daughter will not listen to you!!!" And we were super sad. She is adorable and her mom really liked us too. So now we can't even talk to her. But if there is one thing I've learned it's that missions are hard, but we just have to keep pushing through. Things will get better in the end. I love the quote you sent me from Elder Holland this week mom. It's so true. Even when EVERYTHING is going wrong, our Father in Heaven loves us SO much, we can't even imagine how much. And I'm lucky. As a missionary I can experience just a tiny bit of that love for everyone I come in contact with. It's overwhelming at times. There are people I don't even know and I just feel this love for them. It's pretty incredible. I love this gospel, and I love you all. I think you are all amazing and I am so blessed to have you as a family, and to anyone else that may read this at a later point in time, I am so glad I have you in my life in whatever way that is. I am so blessed to be surrounded by a loving family, loving friends, and people I know I can always count on. Thanks so much for your examples.
I love you! I hope your week is amazing, and if I could ask a favor of you it would be to pray for 21! So far we're at 5 baptisms this transfer, and we need 16 more in two weeks. Yikes. But it's totally possible with the help of the Lord. Pray for us! I love you!

Love,
Hermana Bingham

(This was the quote from Elder Holland: "Above all, never lose faith in your Father in Heaven, who loves you more than you can comprehend."  Elder Holland)



 Contacting... oh wait, that's a mannequin.

After contacting my mannequin.

 International night ward activity! So fun, and SUCH a good turn out!

 Dance from El Salvador at the ward activity.

 Koffs and I and Hna. Teresa Guardado. A recent convert that is seriously, super amazing. She was baptized while I was here. And yes, there was totally a fingerprint on my lens.

Our display at the ward activity. The other sisters made it. Why is it in english? No clue.

 Before the perms. And yes, I have como a bagazillion chins... Stupid Spanish Program 

 A few hours after the perms!

Today with my perm. Also, I have a gargantuan sized headache right now from the stench of perm chemicals that my hair reaks of. But I like the curls. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment