Monday, October 21, 2013

Flying Spaghetti Monsters

Hey family!!
How's life? Sounds like life is pretty busy, but pretty good! Which is always good. That's what I like to hear.

Sounds like school and work and gym and choir and calander making and everything is going wonderfully for all of you. That makes me so happy! Good work Bryce for getting a 28! Get it up to a 30, that will get you half tuition at BYU. What colleges are you applying to? BYU, BYU, BYU, and BYU right? No but really, where do you want to go? You can't just give me a "I'm appying for colleges right now" and then not tell me where you want to go!

Jayson, how was your campout? I want to hear all about it! Digame todo!!!

Kyla, sounds like gym is going great! With the backhandspring again and fly aways and adding in a twist? Wow! Tell me more! Pictures? Videos? :)

Mom, sounds like you've been keeping busy with activity days and calander making and primary. It sounds like your 10 lost tribes game was a hit! Sounds like fun! And I've never really understood the whole having a testimony of the church and the Book of Mormon but not Joseph Smith thing either. It doesn't make sense. Like, at all. Maybe someday we'll find out what's going on in their brains. But probably even then it won't make sense. And yay for the Calander being faster! Woohoo! Saving time and energy. Booya. Also dineros. That's always good.

And Dad, it sounds like you've also been busy with work and callings and all that good stuff. Keep up the hard work. I've decided that busy is the best way to live life. It goes by faster that way. :) Also, there is never a dull moment. And you learn new things all the time!

Speaking of learning new things: Yesterday while contacting Sister Kofford and I talked to a guy that said he belonged to the Pastastolic church. Or in other words, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's real, his friend that was standing right there looked it up because he knew nothing about it either. Basically, this guy claims that he believes that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the earth, and everything in it. Which is just ridiculous, Spaghetti wasn't even created until the 1800s. Also, they can basically do whatever they want. And heaven and hell... well you'll just have to look into it. I don't know if it's appropriate to be writing in a missionary email home that will be going on a blog for everybody to read. Basically, this "church" is ridiculous, and for men that just want to party and don't have to be self concious about commandments or rules or anything like that. But I'm 99 percent positive that no woman would join this church. It's ridiculous. Also, a flying spaghetti monster? Really? Oh well, you learn interesting things being on a mission. Also I learned this week that since I'm from Utah I have the power to make a phone call and make people disappear... yeah. I don't get it either. Crazy people.

We had a better week this week. We found out the Geisy will be able to get baptized this saturday. it's 95% likely to happen. We passed him to the elders though, since he techinically lives in their area. But still pretty cool after all the trouble we went through with him. And Adairis, one of our FAVORITE investigators (is it bad that I'm picking favorites?) and her esposo person Miguel and their baby Angelo CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!! I never thought I would be so happy about someone coming to church. But we haven't had an investigator at church for the last 4 weeks, and they have never come to church (except for twice like, 2 years ago) and Kofford has been teaching her most of the time she's been here, which is 4 transfers. They are still difficult in some areas, like seeing why they need to get married, and why baptism is important (we've taught the restoration about 50 times) but they are amazing and we love them and they're trying. So it's good. We also made those sugar cookies that you sent me mom, and then took them a plate and a note and ding dong ditched it. Turns out she wasn't home, but later that night she texted us and we had the sweetest conversation ever. We told her how much she has influenced us for good and that we love her, and she was so sweet. She told us she loves us with all her heart and she never wants us to leave. She said she'll never forget us and we've helped her so much. It was super tender. It's moments like those when you realize that you are making a difference. Even if it seems like NONE of your investigators care at all and you aren't helping anybody, you are. And you may not always see it. But you are helping people change their lives, and just being there for them is so incredibly important. Also, helping them get eternal salvation. It's pretty great. Man I'm lucky.

I hope everything continues to go great. I love you all, and you're always in my prayers. Have a great week!
I love you!!

Love,
Hermana Bingham

p.s. I'm still lovin the perm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment