Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Only one week left in the MTC...

Hola Familia!
Como estan? Espero bien!  So first off, I have some really big news! ANA AND BRYAN ARE GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When Hna. Raney and I walked out of those lessons, it waws like we were walking on clouds. Best. Feeling. Ever. We actually got to take Bryan to a baptism, which consisted of us finding a video clip of a baptism from an episode of the District, and taking a laptop into the lesson so that we could pretend like we were really there. It was kind of funny, but sweet! And seeing one made him want one. He saw how happy they were, and he wanted that too! And with Ana, we asked her to keep praying about Joseph Smith to see if he was a prophet of God, so she did. She said she had a feeling that was undescribable, but then immediately after she had one of the worst feelings of her life. Luckily we were guided by the spirit to know what to say. We were able to explain that the bad feeling was Satan, because he knows that she is doing something good with her life. And we were actually able to find a video that we had watched just for kicks earlier, and it explained how Satan knows how to get each and every one of us. He knows us, and he will try to tear us down. She understood, and wanted to be able to overcome that. So, we lead into talking about how through the Atonement, we can over come that. And then BAM! commited her to baptism. It was awesome. I am so grateful that the spirit is able to guide me to know what to say, even to fake investigators. It's super duper asombroso. So, we'll miss their "baptisms" but I'm just happy they want to change their lives. YAY!
So it sounds like you have all had pretty good weeks. Awesome that you got a new salad bowl mom, I like wooden salad bowls. And who knew we needed a new thermostat. But I guess that's nice, because you can turn it off when you leave for a while, but then turn it back on to cool the house before you get home! That's nice. Saving money on air conditioning! Especially because it's super hot, como un horno. I'm just grateful I'm in a skirt, and not pants. Me gusta. But it's super hot. And the AC in these classrooms, stinks. No bueno. Thanks for sending me Lauren's address. And also, thanks for the package. The treats were delious, we ate them super fast. We like treats over here. And the picture did come in one piece. Also, my debit card got to me safely, and the other pictures, including the one from Kaydee Bailey. Thanks for getting that to me. Also, I just recieve an envelope from Sister Chambers with some recipies and starbursts. Please tell her thank you very much for me!  
In other news, I got my travel plans!!!! I fly out on Wednesday, so this is my last pday until for like a week and a half I think. Anyways, I report to the travel office here at 4:30 in the am, and then our flight is at 8:31 am. So I'll call you sometime early that morning. Probably around 7ish. Maybe 6:30? but I'll use quarters to call you and make sure you're up, and then my phone card for the legit phone call. And then we land in San Jose at 9:35 am. I'm super pumped! One more week! I can't wait. LIke honestly, so stoked. In a week I'll be in el campo, teaching real people and doing awesome stuff. YAY! I am super excited. Nervous, but excited. So it will be super dee duper fun! YAY!
I'm glad Kyla had fun at girls camp. I don't have a ton of time to write you all seperately this week, but maybe on the plane I'll have a bit of time. But tell Kyla that I wish I could've gone with her too. It would've been so fun. But in a couple years we'll go on a sister's camping trip or something. Who knows. Tell Jayson I'm glad he had fun at scout camp, and I hope he has a blast at EFY. And Bryce, well, tell him that he's pretty awesome. I don't know what's going on in his life though. :) I love you all, I hope you're week is fantastic. And I'll talk to you on Wednesday! be awake!!! Love you!
Con amor,

Hermana Amaya Bingham


we tired to make pizza bagels with an iron... didn't work out so well

Hermana Kinghorn and I matched one day. The creep thing is, we only planned to match the top. The rest was completely coincidental.

all the hermanas in our zone

Selfie with hermanas Kinghorn y Izu on my last devotional walk with them.


Hermana Raney y yo on our walk to the devotional. Aren't we cute?

super cliche picture with the statue of Samuel Smith. Next to the tree that smells like cream soda! (it's in the back. I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment