Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hola

I (the mother) somehow managed to erase the letter from July 10 and I am not smart enough to even figure out what happened and how to undo it, so I am therefore reposting it... and it is now out of order. Boo!

Hello family!
So I hope pictures worked this time, it appears that the ones of my district still aren't going through, so I will try one more time. This week was pretty great. We finished teaching Jose, and now we're teaching Ana and Bryan. Jose was actually our teacher Hno. Williams, but we didn't know that until after we got done teaching him. So now we are teaching Ana (hna. Gibson) and Bryan (hno. williams). It's actually really fun. We also started TRC, so we go in and teach 2 volunteer memebers 20 minute lessons each. It's a really good experience, and good Spanish practice. I'm basically fluent now. So fluent in fact, that the other day I said, "Me gusta el Book de Mormon." As in Boo! like a ghost, plus a k. It was embarrasing. And Hermana Kinghorn was eating her chips and salsa one day and said, "Como se dice chip?" So i say, "Chip?" but with a really high voice so it sounded like a bird. "Cheep?". Yeah, I'm that good. We have also been drilling each other on the fact that sins are pecados, not pescados (fish) and charity is caridad, not castidad (chastity). Chastity is not the pure love of Christ people! So to answer your questions, since the temple is closed, and will be the whole time we're here, we don't get to go to the temple at all. Today we did go sit up on the grounds for a hour and wrote letters though. So that was good. We exercise out on a Sand volleyball court in Wyview, so there is grass, sand, 4 square courts on the pavement, and the put up a million basketball hoops so we could play basket ball. We usually play volleyball with the elders though. It's super fun. Actually yesterday, Hermana Vincent (this super tiny girl in our zone) was playing and we don't know exactly what happened, but all of a sudden she was on the ground crying. They took her to get her arm xrayed, and she doesn't have a break or fracture, but her bone didn't look right so they took the xray to a radiologist. We'll find out what happened later today. Crazy right? So you mentioned Sally Field. I don't know who she is, but Hermana Kinghorn filled me in. So that's pretty cool! Sounds like the family reunion was a blast, and the party in Costa Rica is super fun too! I want to hear all about it, so you better tell me everything. Are you going scuba diving? How was the wedding? Well, I guess it hasn't happened yet, so tell me about it when it does! And I want to see pictures too! That would be great! So you guys have to watch the Character of Christ. It's a talk by David A Bednar at an MTC Christmas devo, and it is so good. It would make a good family night activity. It's super deep and really awesome. i hear it's on LDS.org so you'll have to look. You'll also have to look up my new favorite scripture. It's Zechariah 5:1-2. An Elder in my zone found it, and it's pretty great. Look it up. I dare you.
So the 4th here was great. It was normal for the most part but then we had a speical devotional and watched 17 miracles. I love that movie. Mom, was one of our ancestors in that movie? I can't remember for sure. AFter the movie was over they gave us ice cream bars and we watched the fireworks. We were just outside the wyview laundramat, so it was a little hard to see, but it wasn't bad. I twas pretty fun.Last night's devotional was pretty great too. It was about revelation, and the speaker said, "The Lord never uses a floodlight when a flashlight is sufficient." I really like that. We have to listen hard and pay attention to recieve revelation. The spirit truly is a still small voice, and we have to listen for it.  We're not always going to get this massive epiphany when we recieve revelation. Most of the time it's through the quiet whisperings of the spirit that we will recieve guidance.
I love you all, and I hope the rest of your time in Costa Rica is fantastic. Tell everyone hello from me, and tell Beccy and Austin congrats, and good luck with the Bitcoin project!

Love, Hermana Bingham 


Hermana Raney and I watching the fireworks

Sister Ciara Hulet and I at the Tuesday devotional

Elder Findlay and I

No comments:

Post a Comment