Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving

Hello family!!!

Wow! Sounds like you all had a GREAT thanksgiving! Tell Julia congrats on the baby! She looks so cute! And I'm excited, because that means I can hold a baby when I get home. Woohoo!

So this week was nuts. I decided that I really don't like doctors (no offense Dad. :) ). The problem was that my poor companion has been pretty sick lately.. like feeling SUPER dizzy, and having stomach problems and everything, so a couple months ago we had to go to a gastro doctor, but last week ever since she started driving her dizziness has been worse. So our mission nurse told us to go to urgent care, so we went and they are having her go see an ENT later in December. Then we went home, went to one appointment, and then to dinner. And at dinner we were eating some Indian food that the member had brought from the restaurant she works at, and Hermana Buys started having an allergic reaction to the food that was really similar to her nut reaction. And she's REALLY allergic to nuts. So I drove her home since it was possibly and emergency, the elders met us at home, broke into our apartment before we got there to get her Benadryl and water, and then gave her a blessing. And then we waited, and waited, and she didn't get any better, in fact, she was feeling worse. But we pretty much figured that it wasn't her nut allergy, that it was something else, but we didn't know what. But the mission nurse told us to take her to the emergency room. So I had to drive her to the emergency room, and we were there for a couple hours. The doctors gave her some steroids to help with the reaction, and we waited. We got home around 9:30pm and crashed. But Wednesday morning when we woke up, she was SUPER exhausted... understandable, her body had just taken a huge hit with the reaction and everything. And we had a return appointment with the gastro doctor from a couple months before. So I don't like doctors because I've spent WAY to much time in a doctors office this week. But I am grateful for them. They helped us a lot this week. But all day Wednesday we pretty much stayed in and let her sleep. So I felt pretty useless and like I couldn't really do anything. But other than that she's been doing pretty good. This week we have to go get her blood drawn for a blood test for the gastro doctor, and get her some medicine for the dizziness... The poor thing. I feel so bad for her. So that began our crazy week!

The rest of it was pretty normal. Thanksgiving was great. We had a pretty normal thanksgiving dinner this year, at a family's home. We ate with the Navarro family. It was really fun. Then we headed over to Amada and Bernardo's house to help Bernardo with his talk, and she fed us more turkey and mashed potatoes, and TAMALES!!! They were so yummy. But I felt so sick... I ate WAY to much. But it was really fun, and a really good day. 

Then on Saturday Andres and Adriana got married! We helped decorate the church gym Friday night, and then again on Saturday. The wedding was beautiful, the reception was great, and we had a lot of fun. And now they are living the law of chastity, and he's one step closer to baptism, so that's the best part. He gets baptized on December 7th, at 7pm. Happy Birthday Daddy! haha. We're super excited. 

Well, it was a good week overall. Thanks for the love an encouragement. I love you all, and I hope you have a great week! Please pray that we can stay out of the hospital, or out of any kind of craziness this week. I just want to have a normal week! haha. I love you!

Love,
Hermana Bingham.

p.s. We get to tour the 49ers stadium for pday this week. It's in our area. Be jealous. :)

 Merry Christmas! Mini golfing last pday

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love my companion!

Adriana walking down the aisle!

us and Courtney Haight, the bishop's daughter

Cake. so cute!

us with the bride and groom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment