Monday, December 15, 2014

This Is It!!!

2  John 1:12   (Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.)  

Just kidding. I'll write you a bit. :)

Wow. This is it. This is my last day. Well, not counting tomorrow, which will include going to the temple and hanging out at President's house. It's crazy to think that I'm already here. I've been a full time missionary for the last 18 months and it's about to end. This has been the greatest experience. I don't even know how to describe my mission in words. I have learned SO much, I don't even know where to start. I feel that on my mission I have truly come to learn who Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father are. I have found a personal relationship with each of them, and I can truly say that I KNOW They live, and that They love me. And I love Them. I don't know everything. I'm still a 20 year old girl trying to figure out life, but I do know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ that has been restored to the earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, because I have witnessed it's power, and have felt of it's spirit. 

But more than all that, I am I witness that Christ lives. I am a witness of the healing power of His atonement. "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." I have felt the healing power of the atonement in my life. I truly have. Sometimes in life, we feel alone. We feel weak, and like we can't do it. And in reality, we can't do it--alone. But with Christ, we can do all that the Father requires. And that is because of His atoning sacrifice for each and every one of us. I've seen the atonement heal me, and it continues to heal me and perfect me every day. I'm a work in progress, but I know that someday, with Christ's help, I can truly be even as He is. I've seen it work in the lives of so many others. I have seen people change, and become more happy and free. And I know that as we apply the atonement, and strive to become like Christ, we too can be truly free, and become perfected in Him. That is a promise given by God to each one of us. I am so grateful that I have learned that on my mission. 

I've also learned that this isn't the end! This is just a new beginning. And because of that, I'm not sad to leave. Of course, I'm leaving a piece of my heart here in California with all the people I have come to love, but I am not sad. I know that I will see theses people again, and that one day we will stand before the throne of God together and rejoice, because we have the gospel, and we can all live together as His children in His kingdom. I know that I can STILL be a missionary, just a little bit of a different kind of missionary. But I am so excited to see where life takes me. 
Thank you all for all your love and support. I love you all with my whole heart, and I'm so excited to see you all soon! 

See y'all Wednesday!

Love,
Hermana Bingham 

2 Timothy 4:6-7    (For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.)  

us in the crazy rainstorm--we just did work like normal! Nothing too exciting!

MTC--- reunited again! We sang at the despedida (Outgoing fireside) last night. 
I"ll show you more pics later! LOVE Y'ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment