Monday, November 24, 2014

Emotional Trauma

Hey Family!!!

How's everything going? It sounds like you had a great week, which is awesome to hear. It makes me happy! 

First off, I have a couple more favor's to ask.. man by the time I get home I will have asked for so many favor's that you'll never want another missionary to come home every again!! Sorry Bryce... haha just kidding. First: My eyes seem to be getting a tad bit worse, especially at night. Can you set up an eye appointment for me before I go to school? And a dentist appointment? It's been 18 months.. I'm long overdue. Thanks, you're the best!!!

Also, has Julia had her baby yet? And how's Taylor doing? He's been on my mind a lot lately.

So I'm going to start off this letter with my bad news. Last Monday after I emailed and everything we were driving back home and I went to change lanes, and apparently didn't check my blind spots as good as a thought I did because when I changed I swiped another car... Now before you get all worried, no one was hurt, I was just really shaken up. Because um, hello, when you hit another car it kind of rattles you. I just made a scrape on the side of the other car, and a little dent and a couple scratches (not bad at all) on the front of our car by the left tire. But we just exchanged info with the other car and then I got to call our vehicle coordinator and work everything out. I also had to call President, and he took away my driving privileges... because on the mission when you get in an accident, your privledges get yanked. So thus began our crazy week. I was an EMOTIONAL WRECK!! and super depressed for a couple days because I did something super dumb, and my companion was stressed because now she has to learn to drive on CA roads, and she does't have a ton of experience... but now we're doing good. We're going to have to bike for a couple days when our car goes in to get fixed, but other than that we're good. The church insurance is taking care of everything and my brain is a lot more calm. But it was really rough. Needless to say, I cried... a lot. And I still feel bad. But I've learned my lesson, and next time I drive, I'll be checking my blind spots WAY better than I ever have in my life. 

In other news, I got my trunky papers (flight plans) on Saturday!! Looks like I'll be leaving here at 10:15 am and getting to SLC at 1:09. Get ready Utah, I'm coming home! But not for 3 weeks, so don't get ready too fast. :) You should be so proud, I didn't even cry when I looked at them. :)

Even amidst the crazy we still saw a ton of miracles this week. We found 4 new investigators (not nearly as high as Bryce's 21, but good for us!) and taught 20 lessons this week. WE HIT STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so excited. We busted our butts though. It was so much fun. We also have started sharing a Thanksgiving message with everyone, and it has made me realize how much I have to be grateful for. We've been watching "In the Spirit of Thanksgiving" the mormon message, and it just reminds me of all the good in this world. I have so much. I have a family that loves me, I have amazing friends, I have a roof over my head and clothes to keep me warm. I have a great companion, I have so much! But most important, is that I have the gospel. I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me more than I can comprehend. I know I have a brother, Jesus Christ, who suffered and died for me so that I can be clean, and gain eternal life. And there are SO many people that don't know that. So this Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to share my knowledge with all those around me, and help others come unto Christ. 

I love you all so much. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Just know that you're always in my prayers, and that I'm grateful for each and every one of you. I love you!

Love,
Hermana Bingham

Sister Buys, first day on the road. This is what she was really feeling. :)

This is where we filled up Saturday night. If gas prices look like this in the CA bay area,
what are they like in Utah?!?! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment