Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mission Conference

Hey family!!

How is everyone? It sounds like you've had a pretty awesome week, so that's great! I"m glad you had fun at Cornbelly's. I've never actually been to that one, so I might have to give it a try next year. :) If you want another good one, Castle of Chaos in Orem is really good. It's worth the money. :) I"m glad you all enjoyed your fall break this week though!

Also, Happy Birthday Kyla! I know it's not until Saturday, but I can't believe you're turning 14! That's nuts! I hope you have an awesome birthday. 

So I bet you're all wondering why I'm emailing today instead of yesterday. Well, it's because yesterday we had a mission conference with Elder Pino of the seventy. So it took up from about 9 to 4, so they moved our pday until today. But it was a really great meeting that was really inspiring! He talked a lot about our calling and our purpose as missionaries, and it was a really good reminder. It really made me want to work even harder. But it did stress me out just a little bit, because we're already having a hard time meeting standards of excellence (20 lessons a week, and 140 contacts) and doing our hour of training every day and an hour of language study, and service. I don't know how to balance everything out. Everything we're doing is what we need to be doing, but we can't fit it all in! There isn't enough time! So basically, a lack of time is stressing me out. But I know that if I council with the Lord in this, that He will help me to know what to do. That is something that I really have learned. As we put our complete trust in the Lord, He will ALWAYS guide us to do what we need to do. Always. He never leaves us alone, or leads us astray. 

Yesterday Sister Mella also talked about the spirit. She talked about how we can have the spirit more in our lives/what keeps us from feeling the spirit, and she talked a lot about comparing ourselves. I struggle with that sometimes. I feel like I'm not doing as well as everyone else, so therefore I"m not good enough. But she taught us that when we do that we are 1. giving into Satan, and 2, not allowing the spirit to be in our lives! It thought it was a really interesting spin on things, and so that's what I'm going to work on this week! I"m really excited to see how it goes. 

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week. Thanks for all you do! 
Love you lots,

Hermana Bingham

We made carmel apples!

After our RS Zumba activity!

Milkshakes to celebrate hermana Boyd's 17 month mark, 
and hermana Buys' 2 month mark!

our home entertainment system for movie nights. :)

Mission conference yesterday. 
Hermana Quintana and I matched almost perfectly. By accident!

Hermana Raney and I
Mini golf for pday last week!

Hmmm... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment