Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Begin With The End In Mind

Hello family!

It's been an amazing week. Wow. First off, I'm so excited that Bryce went to the temple. What an awesome experience. Before we know it Jayson and Kyla will be there too. That's crazy. I miss going to the temple every week. I honestly think that is one of the hardest things about a mission--we don't get to go to the temple very often. And we are some of the luckier ones, we get to go do a session before general conference, and we can take investigators up to the outside! Oh, and if someone we taught and baptized gets sealed or receives their endowments while we're still here, we can get permission to go. We're so blessed. But every time I go, I get really homesick when I leave. Especially because I know I won't go for another 6 months. So take advantage of it. Go often! Enjoy the blessings of living so close to so many temples!!

So the highlight of this week is that Amada and Bernardo got married on Friday! It was such an incredible experience. They were so happy, and glowing, and we can already see the difference it has made in their lives. They've changed so much, and it's all from repenting and keeping the law of chastity! And they have the goal of the temple. For their wedding gift from us, we printed out some of the pictures from our day at the temple and bought a frame to put them in, and displayed it at the wedding. They were so happy. They told their family about it, and it was a great teaching opportunity. Even though they aren't members, they both sat and talked with us and their family about eternal families, and how that is their goal. It was like teaching a member present lesson without a member. It was awesome! But really, the change in them is incredible. And on Saturday the came to a baptism, and then we taught them a lesson afterwords, and they are just so happy! And they were talking about having us come back and visit after we all go home, and we told them we would for sure be back for their sealing, and they got so excited. :) And yesterday Amada told us that they are thinking about August 31st for their baptism. That's so soon! They are making so much progress. I'm so excited for them. Really, they are the greatest! they just make my week, every week. I feel so blessed to be able to work with them. They are amazing, and I know the Lord has prepared them. I just feel grateful to have the chance to know them. And I am so grateful that they are progressing towards the temple. Presdient Mella has been really wanting us to "Begin with the end in mind." (there is a talk about that from the mission presidents seminar.) With the Chavez family, I really truly believe that we are beginning with the end in mind. Our goal is the temple. And they are going to get there. 

In other news, we will be picking up a 4th sister tomorrow, and splitting into two companionships. I can't tell you much more than that, because I don't know anything. But it will be super fun. I hope you all have a fantastic week. I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Bingham

The Chavez family!


us and the happy couple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment