Monday, August 4, 2014

August Already!

Holy Crap! It's August!

Wow, I cannot believe how fast time is flying! July just FLEW by! It sounds like you all are feeling it too. I mean, Bryce is giving his farewell talk on the 31st! He only has tw omonths left! That's crazy! Jayson and Kyla are starting school again soon! Wow, I can't believe it. Life is coming fast people. Really fast. 

I'm so glad you got to see Myley this week! I'm glad she's going to come over too. It will help you get a little bit of an idea of what to expect, and it will get her out of the house. It will be good for everyone. :) And Bryce can get some pre-mission pump up stories! 

That's crazy that all those sacrament meetings will be missionary speakers again. I guess it makes sense, people left, now they're coming back. But I didn't think Matt and Conner left that long before I did. I guess they did though. I just have a really terrible memory. Wow, that's crazy. We're all old now. WEIRD!

Anyways, this week was a really good week. We had a really good MLC (Mission leadership council) and we got to talk a lot about consecration. And it really made me just want to be better. I want to be even more consecrated, and just give EVERYTHING to the Lord. I would say throughout my mission, I've given a very good chunk of my all, but honestly I haven't been completely 100% consecrated. I've had the desire to be, but sometimes I think about home, sometimes I worry about things that I don't really need to waste my time with. I worry about the past, when really, I need to look at what I'm doing right now, and devote 110% of it to the Lord. That is what I want. I'm in my last area, and I want nothing more than to give my all to Him. I want to work harder than I've ever worked before, and be more obedient than I ever have before. I want to testify with more power, I want to be more bold, I want to do my all to bring others to Christ. So that's what I'm going to do. consecrate myself. And I know that if I do, I'll see miracles here. In Doctrine and Covenants 130:20-21 it says "There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated--and when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." As we are obedient, and consecrate ourselves to the Lord, we will see blessings. I know that is true. With all my heart. 

I love you all. I hope you have a fantastic week!

Love,
hermana Bingham

p.s. Just in case you would like to go, President and Sister Watkins will be giving there homecoming talk (finally) Sunday, August 10th at 11 a.m. The address is 1125 E. Alpine Blvd. 

Alpine, UT

No comments:

Post a Comment