Monday, January 27, 2014

Transferred!

I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T WRITE LAST WEEK!!!!!
So here's my excuse. A pretty valid one might I add. So Monday was MLK day, so libraries weren't open to let us email. And in that case, we usually just email on Tuesday. So I think, "awesome, where ever I go I'll just be able to email on Tuesday!" Wrong. Transfers were Tuesday morning, and I got transferred to Seaside, which has a Family History library that we are allowed to email in on Mondays. So I didn't get to email, because the people here had already emailed. So that's my lame excuse, but I feel really bad and I apologize! Sorry! :)

So my new address is:
740 Casanova Ave. Apt 14
Monterey, CA 93940

So stuffs can just go here. Because I'm FOREVER and a half away from the mission office. For reals. 

So since I have two weeks of stuff to catch up on, here it goes!

Not much happened last week. Mostly it was just a lot of goodbyes, and seeing people in the ward I wanted to see. Other than that I pretty normal week. But last Monday (MLK day) we got to go to Monterey! We had no clue I was going to go there the next day since we find out at transfer meeting on Tuesday, but we had permission to go down and hit the beach, and this BEAUTIFUL place called Point Lobos. It was just us Yerba Buena sisters. A little girls day out. We went to Point Lobos and hiked around, and it was awesome. Then we went to Carmel beach. It was super fun. Then that night we went to see Aide one last time. We were reading the intro to the Book of Mormon with her, because she had been kind of confused as it excactly what the BofM is. So we read it, and then we were promising her blessings, and I told her she would recieve an answer if she prayed and asked. She just looked at me and said, "Hermana, ya lo recibi!" or, "Hermana, I already recieved it!" Um, WHAT?!?!!??!!?!? So she told us her story. She was sitting here reading the Book of Mormon, in Ether 12:4, which I had written down for her the time before, and she started to smell roses. (Um, okay, I was thinking she was crazy at this point) So she prayed, and then flipped to Moroni 10:3-5 (which I had also written down for her) and started to smell roses again. Then she remembered that 10 years ago, she was watching the news and there was this story of someone that was sitting in her house, and smelt roses. She got up to follow the scent, and as soon as she moved, a car crashed into the house, right where she had been sitting. When Aide saw that, she wondered if it was from God. So when she read the BofM and smelt roses, she realized that that book is the word of God, and it was true. So she's getting baptized!!!! I'm so excited! I hope I can go back up!!

So I got transferred to Seaside! And I'm in a trio! My new companions are Sister Spackman (who I served with in YB for my first 3 transfers), and Sister Bench. Sister Bench has been out for about 14 months, and Sister Spackman for 11. So I'm the baby again, but President told us he is excited to have all three of us down here and getting the spanish rolling. Right now we serve in the Seaside first ward, and the Fort Ord ward, and both are english wards with spanish groups. My goal is to get a spanish branch here. We'll see how it goes. I"m so excited! It is BEAUTIFUL down here! And it's so fun to be in a trio. We all get along really well, and we're getting lots of members to go on splits with us so we can get double the work done. YAY!! It's awesome. The wards here are great, they are super missionary focused and willing to help us out with anything. It's weird, because we eat mostly white people food, but it's still yummy. I just miss the Mexican food! But I love this area! 

Once again, sorry I didn't write!!! I feel awful, but that is the life of transfers. I love you all! Have an awesome week!!!
Love,

Hermana Bingham


 We got to do service in a Koi pond. And wear waders
 Cute, right?

 The Hernandez family. They will be baptized someday

 The Gonzalez family, my companion and I.
Another one of my favorite YB families

 My grandma, my mom, and me. Packer, Kofford and me

 Point Lobos!

 More Point Lobos! BEAUTIFUL, RIGHT?!?!

 One more from Point Lobos!

 Aide and I

My new companions and I! 
Hna Bench, Me and Hna Spackman with our chocolate de abuelita!! 
It's the best hot chocolate EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment