Monday, December 9, 2013

Good News...

GOOD NEWS!! I'M STAYING IN YERBA BUENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how excited I am. So we're usually in one area for about 4 transfers, so this will be my 4th here, so I'll probably move in January. I was just scared that I might be leaving for some reason, but I'm not. So all is well. We just started a new transfer this morning, and I'm SUPER excited. It's going to be a good one. Wanna know why? Well, it's STORY TIME!!! Your favorite, I know. :)

So Mariela Medina, the bishops daughter invited her friend over for dinner with us a couple months ago. The friend showed up, Kofford and I talked with her and nothing else really happened. Well, this girl shows up for church with Mariela for the primary program. And then last week she was at church again. Well, good news, she lives in our area. Her name is Yahaira. So the elders set up an appointment to meet with her on Tuesday, and then asked us to go. So we go, but they had invited a guy because they thought the elders were coming, and people were being dramatic and upset, so Elder Alvarez and Elder Bird (our zone leaders) ended up coming with us. We taught the Restoration to Yahaira, and Isaiah, her friend. and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! She accepted a baptisimal invitation, and we have a date for the 28th with her. :) The next day Elder Bird called us and told us that that lesson was the best lesson he had ever seen sisters teach. Which was a really high compliment. Elder Bird is from Spanish Fork, and I went to high school with him. So you know me, I'm always more nervous around people from home and that I've known before, and I've made myself look like a complete idiot in front of him before. So this coming from him was huge for me. He's also been out for a long time, he should go home in the next couple of transfers I think, and he's been an AP. He's an awesome missionary. And he just complemented us over and over on our teaching. It was SUPER cool. The spirit was in that lesson so strong. And I learned a lot from Elder Alvarez and Elder Bird too. It was really cool.

We met again with Yahaira on Saturday. She brought another friend (who does that? :) ), and we taught the plan of salvation. We were also forseeing some word of wisdom problems, so we taught that too. Here's the cool thing though. She has had a problem with smoking cigarettes. Well, about 2.5 weeks ago she lost her id, and hasn't been able to buy them. She has also wanted to ask people for cigarettes, but hasn't. Then she prayed and thanks Heavenly Father that she lost her id so she couldn't buy cigarettes. SO COOL! She also came to church on Sunday even though she had food poisoning, and told us that someday she wants to serve a mission. Um, WHAT??!?!!?!? She is the greatest. We're super excited for her. We're probably going to move up her date to the 21st though. She's super ready. Also, Jared Paredes, a memeber of our ward who was excommunicated, is getting rebaptized on the 21st. He just found out last night. We are SO excited for him. So the 21st will be an awesome day. I"m super excited.

It's getting chillier here, but word is it's going to warm back up. Booyah. Also, our heater died this week, so that was an adventure. We were stuyding all bundled up, it was freezing!! We finally got a new one, so now we are warm. :) But now our bathtub won't drain, at all. I even tried to unclog the drain... so yeah. Life is interesting. We take the water out with a bowl after we shower and dump it in the sink... pics to come. :)

I did get to watch part of the 1st presidency devo with Jared and Marifer Paredes last night. We started it late, so I saw the last two talks, but it was really good. I liked it a lot!! :)

Well, I hope you all have an awesome week! Oh yeah, BRYCE: how are college applications going? Where did you apply? Also, when are you starting your mission papers? And getting your patriarchal blessing? I wanna know! Digame boy!!

Love you all,

Hermana Bingham



 Us with our car. Yeah, brand new, 2014 chevy cruze. Mom and dad would NEVER trust me to drive this car, but God does!!! I've been driving this for the last 6 weeks. Boo ya.

Us all snuggled up when our heater was broken. I stink at self timer.

 Language study in bed. It was warmer with all those blankets!

 Getting the water out of our tub at night... gross.

Really gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment