Monday, December 16, 2013

Feliz Navidad

Feliz Navidad!!

Ay! It is December 16, that is less than 10 days until Christmas. What the? So here's the deal with Skype and stuff... We are going over to a memebers house at 10 in the morning on Christmas to skype. So I will probably be skyping shortly after 10. My skype name is just amayabing I think, if you want to try to add me before then life might be easier, but who knows. I am going to write down dad's and we'll figure it out. No worries people! I am SOOOOOOOO excited to talk to you all! If you have any more questions, and happen to see this within the next little bit, just write me back and I can answer them. We'll have like 45 minutes, so yeah. It will be great. We're going over to the Paredes house to skype, so I'm hopiong you can meet them. They are honestly my favorite people I've met here. They are SO COOL!! And they are feeding us that night too. They are just always so willing to help us out, and take care of us. They are awesome. I'm super excited.

So this week... it was an interesting week. That's for sure. First off, on Tuesday we got asked to go help at the Creche exhibit in Palo Alto. Which is this HUGE thing the church does every year with nativity scenes from all over the world, and different performances every night... it's really cool. Also, a BAGAZILLION non members are touring our church building every year... it's awesome. Missionary work. Bam. But anyways, Tuesday night we drove up there, super excited to be hosting and helping people go around, and us ourselves seeing the exhibit... but we got put in the little kids room, helping them make wise men crowns and telescopes, and play dress up with nativity scene dress ups... yeah. First thought: really, I have to spend the next 3 hours of my life making crowns? I won't even get to see the exhibit!! But after a while in there, I realized how FUN it is! Kids are so stinking adorable, it was awesome, helping kids make crafts and stuff. The teacher in me definitely came out... it was a blast. I didn't get to see much of the exhibit, because we had an appointment at 8 we had to race back to San Jose for, but from what I did see, it was really cool. We'll have to come back out and see it in a few years.

Second item of business... Yahaira's date got moved to THIS SATURDAY! we're super excited. Like, she is awesome. We just found out she has a boyfriend though, so we're probably going to teacher her the law of chastity tonight. Wish us luck. :) It should be interesting. We are so excited for her though. Pray for her, we don't want this to fall through!

Thirdly, we got put on bikes this week. Yup. Bikes. We had a car get yanked from our zone, and now us and the elders are in a car share, meaning we are BIKING half of the week. So that's always fun. My bike is pink, it's super adorable. We look ridiculous riding around in skirts on bikes with helments, and we get super hot and sweaty (yum right?) so that's fun. And my thighs shall soon be ripped. I'm excited. I think... We rode on Saturday, and it was only fun for the first 5 minutes, then I realized how out of shape I am. Yup... good stuff. The bike thing is kicking my butt.

So another worry is that the youth of our ward are REALLY stuggling. Like, every single one of them has a drug problem, or something is going on. We had a really good chat with two of the young women on Saturday at the ward chirstmas dinner, and we're hoping to try to help them a little bit. If anyone has any ideas on how to help struggling youth, please let me know! Mom, if you could also ask sister baker or sister prichett for yw activity ideas, that would be awesome.

And Jileen, I haven't heard of Colfax. I'll ask around this week, and see what I can do. It's possible! If it's anywhere in my mission, which goes from like, Fremont down to Monterrey. I'll ask around though.
Have a great week family! I can't wait to talk to you on Christmas!! I love you all!

love,

Hermana Bingham

Our Christmas corner!
 Bikes!!

 The youth in our ward acted out the nativity scene...it was awesome!

 Elder James fencing Jared--if Elder James won, we got to shove Jared's face 
in cake for his birthday (latino thing). If Jared won, we don't

The dog licking cake off his face. Elder James didn't win, we shoved his face in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment