Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day

Yay!!! I get tax money! Yay for 5 dollars! On the bright side, I won't have anything to file taxes for this next year. How nice. :) Thanks for doing that mommy! Also, thanks so much for the package! It came on Valentine's day, so that was a nice surprise! Good timing! I loved it. When we found the peeps, Sister Bench said, "I love peeps! She knows me so well!" It was kind of funny. But we are all enjoying all the treats, and I love the shirt. I wore it on Saturday. Thank you!!!!

What a good looking couple! That's seriously so adorable. I just sent the picture to Amanda. She probably got one from her mom too, but I felt like sharing as well. :) 

Sounds like Bryce's birthday and Valentine's day were really fun! I was thinking about creme-brule all day long, I hope you know. I was like, "man, mom is making creme-brule today. And I won't get any." But then I got a package full of yummy treats, and muddy buddies, which I had been craving. So it was okay. :)

So the Payson temple will be dedicated in the 3rd quarter of 2015 huh? YAY!! That's so exciting!! We'll have to all go to the dedication together. It will be so much fun. I'm so excited. Speaking of the temple, I hear there is a new new temple video. Have you seen it? How is it? Tell me everything!
This week was pretty exciting. Probably the most exciting thing is that on Tuesday night I got a phone call from the Yerba Buena sisters telling me that Leslie and Aleilee were going to get baptized that friday. Valentine's day. So I got to go up for a baptism! Leslie is 14 and Aleilee is 8. Aide, their mom, still hasn't gotten baptized, but she said soon. I'm not exactly sure what is holding her back. So Sister Smith, a lovely member here drove me all the way to San Jose for their baptism. It was awesome!
We also set a baptismal date for Carlos this week. He will get baptized March 1st. We are so excited for him. It will be awesome. Lidia is getting baptized this Friday, so we're excited for that too. the work is hastening down here! Lots of good stuff. I'm super excited. 

Funny story of the week. Yesterday I met an less active member that is from Japan! I told her that dad served in Japan, and so the member I was on splits with said, "Oh, do you like Japanese food then?" So I said, I LOVE Japanese food! Which is true, I do like it. Well, aparently when you tell that to an old lady from Japan, it means that you LOVE sushi. So immediately she and her sister go into the kitchen and start making sushi. Yuck. It was so cute though. How do you say no? So she sent me home with a big plate of sushi. Lucky for me, Sister Spackman likes sushi, so I brought her a nice treat. :) It was funny. I learned that I need to specify that I like Japanese food, just not sushi. :) 
I love you all! It's been a good week. I've learned a lot this week that even when it feels like no one else is there, the Lord is. He is always there to listen. I had a couple rough days personally this week, but I know that when I pray and ask for help, He will always give it to me. And if we look for the little tender mercies that He sends us, we can feel His love more. I love you all. Have a great week!

With lots of love,
Hermana Bingham
p.s. have fun doing family history tonight!!! :)


At the aquarium last week

Jelly fish!

A clam!!
 The ocean
 Titanic!
 Leslie and Aleilee's baptism: Me, Sister Monical,
Aleilee, Leslie, Sister Bradshaw, Dione, and Aide
 Sister Monical, Leslie and I
 Sister Monical, Aleilee and I
 Me, Aide, Aleilee and Dione
Geisy, Me, Samantha and Michelle. They were at the baptism! 
Michelle hugged me and cried when she saw me 
because she missed me so much.  It was tender! :)
 Happy V-day
Again. We're nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment